Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Day With The Kids

Today, I went over to Maren's elementary school to help her with her class and their activity day. It was super fun and I even got a little sun! The kids for their activities all got to play "Minute to Win It" games. My job was to help with the 'Flip the Lid' game, where you have a paper cup on the edge of a table and you have to flip it up and onto a bottle of water. It was HILARIOUS watching the kids attempt that. Only three of the 40 kids who did it actually got it on the bottle! So kudos to you kids.. Kudos.
But I realized today that I am pretty awesome. Maren's students thought I was cool and a good majority of them even wanted me to sign their yearbook, even though they had only known me for a good two hours. I guess it just makes it official that I am awesome.
But anyways, the kids were stinkin funny! I just wanted to share of few of the things that they told me... and all this happened within the three hours I was at their school today:

"Are you Mrs. Williams' sister? You two look exactly alike!"

"Are you sure you are younger than Mrs. Williams? I think you look older than her."

"Have you met our class pet? The hamster? He likes to poo on the slide."

"Your drawings aren't bad. You rock."

**Scared look on faces** -"Oh!! Oh, I thought you were Mrs. Williams."

"Are you Mrs. Williams' sister? She is looking for you. You better hurry, she might start yelling."

"You are nice. You should be a teacher." (HAH)

"You and Mrs. Williams are just so pretty."


These were the lovely things I heard today that just sure made it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment