Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breakdown over Legos

Last night had to be one of the worst nights of my life. I had a project for my 3D graphics class that was due by midnight, that I had spent the last two weeks working on. The assignment was to create this LegoMan in Maya, the 3D graphics program, with a limited environment. I had been working on it, and I spent all day yesterday finishing it up. At about 8:15 last night, I was a mere ten-fifteen minutes away from emailing it to my professor when all of a sudden, my program stopped working. I shut it down, thinking I was fine because I had this awesome habit of saving my work every 5 minutes. Turns out, it wasn't so awesome. When I got back in Maya, most of my work had disappeared. LITERALLY. All of the paints and textures that I had applied to my objects were gone! I had spent hours creating the faces and shirts and others for my zombies and plants and they were completely gone! I had saved all my images to my desktop and somehow they had deleted away from there. My entire desktop was wiped clean.
Eric Mantz came over and looked at my computer and couldn't even find them anywhere. He searched the entire operating system, and still couldn't find them. Even now, he has no clue what happened. So to sum it up, I had the breakdown of the century last night. I had this major assignment due in like two hours, and most of it was gone.
So what did I do you ask? What any sane person would do of course. I stayed up late finishing the assignment and emailed it to my professor! Somehow I managed to pull of about 12 hours of work into about 2. I definately know someone was there watching me. I can just see the Lord up there sayin, "I told you so! See, I got-cho back!"

But here is the finished product. Product #2. For those of you who don't know, it is based off of a computer game called Plants VS Zombies. Probably one of my favorite games :D


This is the Plants VS Zombies game that my assignment was based off of.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I totally know that feeling! I took a computer science class my freshman year (we won't say how many years ago that was), and had finished the project. When I took it up to the TA to turn it in, it was gone. The second time completing it is always easier and faster luckily! Still, instead of 10 hours of work, it was only 4. Lucky me and lucky you. Maybe we actually learned something from all the work we did the first time. :-)

    ReplyDelete